What is GBWhatsApp?
GBWhatsApp is basically a clone of WhatsApp which is available for all android devices. It’s exactly the same as WhatsApp with similar (and sometimes, better) features. Many People who don’t have the latest or newest smart phones usually don’t get to install WhatsApp because of the compatibility issue and hence, even after spending over 2 grand on a device, they can’t make use of the basic instant messaging feature of WhatsApp. That is when GBWhatsApp comes in handy. It is updated frequently for bugs and issues and runs as smooth as the original WhatsApp. You can easily run WhatsApp along with GBWhatsApp to enjoy having two accounts in the same phone. Apart from that, it comes loaded with benefits like the added bonus of sending over 90 photos at the same time, in comparison to the 10 photos of WhatsApp.
With this trending app, you can pretty much do anything you like. GBWhatsApp came out with the latest modded version which is highly advanced and includes features like Hiding the online status, Bot Replies, Changing the theme etc. and amazingly so, it has caught the attention of several users who are skeptical about using it, given that it’s so strikingly similar to the original App.
How to Download gb whatsapp: Step by Step Guidelines!
GBWhatsApp is extremely simple and easy to use, similar to downloading any app through the playstore. However, GBWhatsApp is not available on the playstore and you’ll have to install it directly from the website but it hardly takes 5 minutes to install and complete the setup.
STEP 1:You can simply click on the link given below and it will get downloaded in your phone.
STEP 2: Ensure that the settings for downloading from unknown sources is enabled on your phone. This means that can download an app directly online. None of your information will be hampered and you can disable this option once your download is completed. Here, you can also find information about the app version and compatibility with your device. The App was last updated on April 30th and supports Android 4.0 and above. It currently does not support versions below Android 4.0.
STEP 3: Wait for the file to download and then proceed to open the file. This only takes a few minutes depending on your internet speed. The app does not take up a lot of space either.
STEP 4: Upon opening, you will be asked to install the App, Click “Next” and then “Install”. This gives the app the permission to read your contacts and sync with your device to have the smoothest, fastest and hassle-free in-app experience.
STEP 5: A welcome screen will be displayed, the same as it is on WhatsApp. Press “Agree and Continue”. The terms and conditions are the same as WhatsApp. At this point, you can barely distinguish between the official WhatsApp and GBWhatsApp.
STEP 6: At this step, you can choose to either restore your previous WhatsApp data or verify your number and begin anew. You will get all the information that was saved during the previous backup. In case of regular backups, you will get the latest information back.
STEP 7: Your GBWhatsApp Account will be ready to use. You can use all the functions of the app including calling and video calling features. Send images, videos, audio or text messages with ease. You can even contact the website in case you find any bugs in their app. You can sync in with your previous WhatsApp data to get all your previously saved information back.
And that’s it. You can see it’s pretty simple to install and setup the app on your phone. A minor detail that I noticed was the fact that these chats are not encrypted, which means that there may be a third party reading your confidential information. If you use it just for texting or occasionally video calling, it’s the perfect app but for people having classified information, it can be a little risky.
Safety & Risk Factor:
GBWhatsApp, in my opinion, is 100% safe to use. What puts some people off is the fact that with so many exciting features, it pales in comparison to the original app and there is a high chance that they might steal your data or even mess with your device’s settings. GB WhatsApp download is safe and secure and asks for your permission before using any information from your device. Like WhatsApp, GBWhatsApp reads your device’s location, contact list, gallery etc. to remain in sync with your device and give you the best in-class experience. However, apart from the features, there are no reasons that you should prefer this over the official WhatsApp therefore, this app is useful for those who’d like to have two accounts in one phone or those who use the app to send multiple pictures, audios and videos. For anyone sending sensitive data, this app becomes a bit less safe.
|Stable Release Date||2018-04-24|
|App Size||36.8 MB|
(To be used to REPLACE official whastapp app)
(To be used along with official whatsapp app)
- Ease of using dual WhatsApp accounts on one device: You can easily use two different WhatsApp accounts simultaneously on one device without needing to have to root your device. Furthermore, the apps wouldn’t clash with each other or mix the data of one account with another. This is perfect for those who have a personal and professional account. There is easy switching between multiple accounts.
- Easily download the application: The app is easy to download and easy to set up. It has similar features as WhatsApp so the experience is smooth and hassle-free. There are several websites that have the download link and in-depth information about the app. You can review the statistics, version and other information before installing the app.
- Privacy options to ensure utmost security and safety: You can easily hide your last seen and maintain your privacy. You can hide your status, profile picture and story as well or choose who can view it. Revoke the deleted messages or customize your WhatsApp title, the features are endless.
- Ability to send videos upto 30MB: Unlike the usual 16MB of WhatsApp, GBWhatsApp allows you to send longer videos upto 30MB. This ensures that the other user also enjoys the benefit of longer videos. Overall, this adds to the hassle-free experience.
- Hide Date settings and Name: The official WhatsApp displays your name regardless of the other person knowing you or not. To maintain your privacy, You can hide these settings and remain anonymous.
- Always Online Feature: You can always stay online for 24 hours using the feature. This is a very unique feature and for businesses, it can show clients that you’re attentive and ready to tackle any opportunity.
- Copy Status: Like someone’s long status but can’t copy it? Well, with GBWhatsApp you can copy the entire status of your friends and family or even your own.
- Ability to send upto 90 images: You can send several images at once without having to send over and over. Just select the images in one go and hit send! The official WhatsApp allows only 10 images to be sent at a time. You can even listen to audio files without having to download them in the first place. You can also hide the voice recording button in any chat.
- Counter Statistics Feature: You can view the counter statistics in a WhatsApp group unlike the official WhatsApp. Apart from this, you can choose to zoom in on anyone’s profile picture as well, which is the most favorable feature.
- Enjoy hassle-free web login through the GBWhatsApp web login feature: You can check your messages online as well and make sure you’re up to date even when your phone is out of reach.
- View media without loading the application: You can easily view images, audio and video without having to load the entire application.
- Broadcasting to 600 people: The GBWhatsApp allows you to send media and messages to 600 people simultaneously. This is the perfect feature for people who run an online business or need to contact several people at once saving you loads of time and energy.
Reports on GBWhatsApp being virus
There have been several reports stating that GBWhatsApp is nothing but a virus and to prove this, they have dismantled the source code to find that GBWhatsApp has access to sensitive information like contacts, your gallery, the date & time of your device etc. So, basically, it pretty much owns all the information you own.
Contrary to most beliefs, I think that the App can be dangerous and risky in case any third party gets their hands on your private data or classified information. The conversations are not encrypted either.
As far as the permissions are concerned, GBWhatsApp, like the original WhatsApp asks you before fetching any data. The data is then used to make things a little more personalized for you. For Example, by syncing with your contacts, it will allow you to see which of your contacts are available on WhatsApp. Needless to say, this only enhances the user’s experience in turn making the app very handy. Personally, after installing the app, I did feel a sense of doubt but that went away after I saw the striking similarity between the two. Anything that is synced with your device, any app that you connect or sync with, fetches all your data in order to make your experience hassle-free. Thus, saying that GBWhatsApp is malicious software would be wrong. But again, using it to send sensitive information would be dangerous as well.
There have been several reports also stating that the app is a virus. This, in my opinion, is not true. For further safety and as precautionary measure, I downloaded an anti-virus software and faced no problems after that. I think that if you don’t download the application from a reliable source, the website you download it from may send along viruses, spyware, malware or even ransomware to your device. So, it is safe to say that downloading from unknown sources may bring viruses to your device, so to be secure; you can download an anti-virus application to ensure smooth and proper functioning.
In conclusion, GBWhatsApp is the perfect app for sending and receiving messages and media. It is the clone of WhatsApp and pretty similar to the official app in terms of functionality and features. Apart from being the better version of the official WhatsApp, it also has several features which clearly put GBWhatsApp in the limelight. The app is perfect for those who run businesses online and the ample of features ensure smooth and hassle-free experience. It’s also great keeping in mind that you can broadcast your messages and media to about 600 people. This is really helpful for businesses and makes the official WhatsApp pale in comparison. Another striking feature about the app is the ability to use multiple accounts in one phone. For people who travel or who keep two different numbers separate for their personal and professional lives, it is difficult to stay in touch with everyone with just a single account and most likely creates a big mess. Thus, GBWhatsapp makes a big difference and ensures that it does not hamper your experience. Tiny changes in the application like the copying of status, hiding last seen, blue ticks, hiding the voice recording button or adding a theme make the overall experience very personalized. These little steps, although very insignificant, make a big difference for several users and end up making the experience very pleasant.
The app is easy to use and easy to install too.
Regarding the safety, I think the app is absolutely safe and secure to use but the fact that chats are not end to end encrypted ticks me off a little bit. As you can already guess from the screenshots, I have downloaded and used the app before putting out my word and I think the app is fantastic. However, I recommend having an antivirus app just as a safety measure and you’re good to go.
Overall, GBWhatsapp is the better version of WhatsApp that comes loaded with dozens of exciting features and it couldn’t get any better.